The cavern course develops the minimum skills and knowledge for safe cavern diving.Topics include cavern diving planning, good cavern diving techniques (line and light use), body positioning (trim), cavern propulsion techniques, emergency procedures, problem solving, and other specialized needs of cavern diving (silting, entanglement, disorientation, and equipment modifications). Throughout your cavern course you will learn how to streamline your equipment, and use new gear such as using a reel, a backup spool, and a long hose on your primary regulator. You will also learn how to fine tune your buoyancy, you will NOT learn the basic skills of buoyancy in a cavern class.
Gear you need to provide: You will need to have your own basic scuba gear, required for open water diving.
Remember: No Snorkels! No Gloves!
* Mask (preferably a low volume mask)
* Fins (no split fins!)
* Computer or watch and tables
* Tanks and weights and tanks (which can be hired from us if you are from out of town).
You must also OWN the following gear to participate in cavern class:
* Your own primary reel
* A 7 foot hose on your regulator
* Two battery powered underwater lights (The Sun is the primary light)
* A small knife (recommended is a Z knife, to be arm or chest mounted).
* Slate or wetnotes with pencil
Age requirements: You must be at least 16 years old to receive a Cavern Diver certification, there is no maximum age.
Prerequisites for Course:
* Before participating in the cavern diver course, you will be asked to fill out a standard liability release form and a medical statement. If you answer YES to anything on the medical form we will require that you get it signed off by a physician.
* Open Water Diver certification, or equivalent.
* Advanced Open Water certification is recommended
Tuition: Contact Blue Dolphin
This course examines the theory, methods and procedures of planned stage decompression diving. This program is designed as a stand-alone course, but is often combined with the Advanced Nitrox or Extended Range Courses. The objective of this course is to train divers how to plan and safely conduct a standard staged decompression dive not exceeding a maximum depth of 45 meters / 150 feet. The most common equipment requirements, gear set-up, and decompression techniques are presented.
Pre-Requisites: Minimum age is 18 years, Advanced Nitrox, Proof of 75 logged open water dives
Open Water Dives:
1. Four dives are required two of those dives must be deeper than 100 feet
2. If Advanced Nitrox is taught in conjunction with Decompression Procedures, only a total of six dives are required.
Tuition: $395.00 includes TDI study tools TDI Deco Procedures certification card. If taken with Advanced Nitrox, the cost is $ 750.00 for both.
The TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver Course qualifies divers to use enriched air nitrox from EAN 21 through EAN 100 to a depth of 40 metres/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression. Often taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course, this can be considered the foundation of your technical scuba diving skill-set. Advanced Nitrox Scuba Diver is also a great course for those wanting to extend your bottom times in shallower depths such as scientific diver, and a must for those interested in becoming SCR or CCR divers.
Prerequisites: 18 years old, TDI Nitrox Diver or Equivalent, 25 logged dives.
Open Water Dives:
1. Four dives are required with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 min.
2. If Advanced Nitrox is taught in conjunction with Decompression Procedures only a total of six dives are required with a maximum depth of 45 meters / 150 feet.
3. Only 2 dives from Advanced Wreck course may be credited.
Tuition: $395.00 w/ TDI study tools & TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver
certification card. If taken along with Deco Procedures the combo tuition is $750.00
TDI is the leader in technical diving and has been since 1994. TDI offers a wide choice of programs available to continue your technical dive training.
First PADI Five Star Training and Instructor Development Facility in NC Phone: 336-760-9226 Fax: 336-760-0101 Email: Janetatbluedol@aol.com