The SDI Sidemount Diver Specialty program teaches students how to dive with a sidemount configuration without direct supervision, within the limits of their previous training (within depth and NDL limits).
Gear you need to provide:
* Basic gear (mask, fins, snorkel, booties and exposure suit)
* Dive computer and additional depth and timing device
* Dual cylinders, with appropriate volume for planned dives, and SAC rate.
* Two independent first and second stages, each with an SPG
* Buoyancy compensator with power inflator appropriate for sidemount configuration.
Age requirements: You must be at least 18 years old to receive the SDI Sidemount Diver Specialty certification (15 with parental consent); there is no maximum age.
Course Cost: $250 This includes: educational materials, your dive training, certification card, and photos (above and below water).
This course provides training and experience required to competently conduct advanced wreck dives. This program includes penetration skills and techniques. Depths shall not exceed the level in which the diver is trained and competent, but in no case shall the maximum depth exceed 55M / 180 Feet. The objective of this course is to train divers in the proper techniques, equipment requirements and hazards of wreck diving.
Pre-requisites: 18 years of age, Advanced Open Water Diver, proof of at least 75 logged dives, certified as basic PADI/SDI Wreck or Cavern diver, or TDI Intro to Tech.
Open Water Dives: Six penetration dives are required with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 min.
Tuition: $395.00 includes books and TDI cert card